We have one of the largest financial services teams in Scandinavia and have a high level of specialization and expertise. Several of our partners and lawyers have invaluable experience from the regulatory side, including the Oslo Stock Exchange, the Norwegian and Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority, as well as other relevant industry bodies and associations. Several are renowned as being among the leading experts in their field.
The team advises both domestic and international credit institutions, financing businesses, consumer and mortgage credit institutions, insurance companies and intermediaries, investment firms, payment services providers, management companies and alternative investment fund managers, crypto businesses, crowdfunding service and market infrastructure providers, and their owners, in all financial regulatory matters, including but not limited to matters concerning:
- Fund structuring and establishments (in Norway, Sweden, Luxembourg, Ireland and other jurisdictions); this includes all phases from initial structuring and tax assessment to negotiations with investors and holding of closings
- Assisting LPs with investment and negotiations of terms internationally when making either primary or secondary fund investments
- Developing new products and services, including drafting product documentation and conducting risk assessments, etc.
- Portfolio transfers, buy-outs, buy-ins, M&A and other private or public transactions involving licensed entities
- Assistance with redomiciliation of regulated entities, establishment of domestic and foreign branches, etc.
- License applications and notifications to supervisory authorities
- Internal governance and control, including, inter alia, matters relating to conflicts of interest, remuneration schemes, outsourcing arrangements, and internal policies and routines
- Public and private transactions involving regulated undertakings
- Legal documentation, including, inter alia, customer agreements, general terms and conditions, supplier agreements and financing documentation
- Anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing
- Solvency and capital adequacy requirements
- Investigations and civil disputes
- Advising on sustainability related matters, such as the EU Taxonomy, SFDR, MiFID II sustainability requirements, etc.